The Finance and Administration Officer will actively contribute to the financial management of the organisation in accordance with the established policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that proper financial procedures/systems are operated and maintained, ensure compliance with Men Engage Uganda’s financial policy and set accounting standards.
- Preparing budgets, amendments and forecasts working with the Head of Finance and other staff and ensure that budgetary implications are understood by the respective officers.
- Ensuring compliance with national regulations in respect of financial and other matters, e.g. taxation, NGO Bureau and labour laws.
- Preparing donor financial reports and ensure compliance with their financial and other requirements as against budgets and provide timely advice of likely over and under spends.
- Analyse accounts, propose/implement solutions with respect to problem transactions and irregularities.
- Supervise overall financial administration of MenEngage Uganda’s accounts as follows:
- verify and record financial obligations and payments
- review and submit quarterly accounts/financial statements
- analyse and monitor status of obligations and expenditures;
- In consultation with the Head of Finance, manage all financial requisitions and ensure all financial obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Confirm that proposed obligations or expenditure for goods and services, are in accordance with MenEngage Uganda’s financial policy, budget and corporate plan.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure that the administration has adequate funds in its bank accounts and cash imprest to meet its obligations at all times.
- Provide advice, financial interpretations and corrective actions in response to audits and other queries.
- Provide substantive support to the development and implementation of accounting systems.
- In consultation with Head of Finance and in partnership with staff, manage contractual negotiations and agreements with vendors and service providers.
- Be the custodian of cash receipts, vouchers, cheques and other payment systems established documentation.
- Maintain an inventory of all the purchased items.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external auditors, preparing accounts and reports for external audits, responding to audit queries and following up on the audit recommendations.
- Implement security protocol and commit to confidentiality as to internal issues.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related field.
- A professional qualification – CPA Level II and above will be required and an asset.
- Resilience and ability to oversee a finance department of a growing organisation.
- 2+ Years of working experience in finance with a reputable organisation.
- Previous experience working with membership, NGO organisation with many donors will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and to effectively collaborate with work colleagues who do not necessarily have a finance background.
- Technology savvy with experience in using Accounting software especially QuickBooks.
- Effective Communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons should submit their application and CV via email to MenEngageUganda@gmail.com. Address your email to Country Director, MenEngage Gender Equality Network Uganda. Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.