Sonke Gender Justice and MenEngage Africa are seeking a multimedia consultant/videographer to provide video production services. The services are required in Kenya, in March. The purpose of the video is to create awareness of the work that Sonke and MenEngage Africa have been doing in the region and to promote the engagement of men and boys in achieving gender equality, preventing HIV, promoting human rights and reducing violence at all levels across the continent, including questioning the structural barriers that drive gender inequalities.
Sonke Gender Justice, established in 2006, is an organisation that strives to prevent domestic and sexual violence, reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS, and promote gender equality and human rights. Sonke ’s work is in all of South Africa’s nine provinces and also is the secretariat of MenEngage Africa, supporting MenEngage partners in 22 countries across Southern, Eastern, Central and Western Africa.
MenEngage Africa is part of the Global Alliance of MenEngage, a network of civil society organisations and activists formed in 2006 with the goal of working in partnership to promote the engagement of men and boys in achieving gender equality, preventing HIV, promoting human rights and reducing violence at all levels across the continent, including questioning the structural barriers that drive gender inequalities. The membership of MEA consists of a range of civil society organisations representing women’s rights, HIV/Aids, LGBTQIA+ rights, youth and child rights, refugees and migrants, and social justice constituencies. All 22 MEA country networks have existing and strive to build stronger, working relations with feminist women’s rights, child rights and youth movements, LGBTIQA+ rights movement and other social justice movements, as well as local and national governments and UN agencies, which are seen as strategic partners. The country networks aim to undertake joint programming, research, and policy and advocacy activities to contribute to the achievement of gender equality.
Objectives of the consultancy
The consultant will produce a video documenting MenEngage Africa’s work in the region and at country level covering the last several years. The video will cover the formation of the MEA alliance, success stories, and where MEA partners hope to see MenEngage Africa in the future.
Location and Timing
Africa, time will be confirmed.
The project should be completed within 30 days.
Sonke Gender Justice’s communications manager and project coordinators will collaborate with the consultant. The consultant will be required to film a variety of MenEngage Africa partners.
- The contractor(s) must supply their own high-definition video camera as well as professional editing software.
- Video production (script writing, videography, editing, audio balancing, subtitling, format exporting, etc.)
- Edit the footage in accordance with the script agreed upon and approved by Sonke and MenEngage personnel and create a professional quality package/report/public service announcement of broadcast quality.
- Add Subtitles to the video as needed.
- The finished product is audio balanced and formatted for use on TV, radio, the web, and social media (including YouTube).
- Branding and crediting for MenEngage Africa should be included.
- To adequately represent MenEngage Africa, all videos produced must be of the highest quality.
Qualifications and experience
- At least four (4) years of videography or video editing experience is required.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations (NGOs) or non-profit organizations (NPOs) will be advantageous.
- Previous work experience in end-to-end video production
- Proven experience in script writing and storyboard creation
- Experience undertaking a director role during shoots
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- In depth knowledge of the production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, studio environments, editing, and content delivery
- Editing experience demonstrated expertise in the conception, production, and editing of mini-video documentaries and public service announcements.
- Knowledge of ethical standards in reporting on gender justice issues will be advantageous.
- Candidates will be required to share proof the previous work they have done.
How to apply
Should you wish to apply, please send a detailed proposal, quote, and CV no later than March 02nd, 2022, to: email@example.com.