Under direct supervision of the Country Director, the Programme Coordinator will be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of all programme activities and resources (human, financial, physical/material assets, etc) in order to meet expected results; provide leadership to the programme team and outsourced partners and contractors, and build smooth relationships with partners at local, national, regional and global levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Coordinator will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Facilitate the development of the project(s) as well as monitor and address risks.
- Prepare reports on the progress of the project(s), including reports on the financial situation of the project.
- Assume responsibility for coordination of programme activities and strive to meet activity results.
- Maintain and initiate dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of the project as well as monitor and address risk.
- Assist in the development of joint annual work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs.
- Ensure close monitoring of activities and lead the process and later the implementation of M&E framework.
- Ensure the delivery of the quality/substance and timely delivery of the project deliverables and adherence to policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure report coordination and overall implementation progress to the Programme Coordination Team on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Set up reports on the progress of the project(s), including reports on the financial situation of the project.
- Prepare qualitative work plans and compile substantive and financial progress reports in close coordination with the finance officer, MEAL Officer in line with the outputs/activities agreed in the annual work plans and ultimately ensure information-sharing.
- Prepare budget revisions as needed and ensure timely submission of deliverables.
- Assume full responsibility for coordination effectively and efficiently the implementation of programme activities and strive to meet project activity results as well as supervising the project.
- Establish and manage mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of programme achievements in close cooperation with the MEAL Officer.
Maintain and initiate dialogue with key stakeholders
In partnership with relevant implementing CSOs, maintain and initiate effective dialogue and coordination with key stakeholders at the local and national level charged with the development of the gender equality programmes and relevant sectoral ministries, including other consortia/alliances/networks and the local government, as well as with representatives of UN agencies and relevant donor representatives.
Ensure regular communication, organisation, knowledge management and consultation with relevant partners: the donor(s) and the MenEngage Africa Specialist.
Act as the Secretariat in supporting the convening of country programme management meetings and ensure follow-up on decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling MenEngage Uganda values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of MenEngage Uganda.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Analytical and strategic thinking / results orientation.
- Knowledge management and leadership.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialised tasks related to Results-Based Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment.
- Excellent supervisory, team-building and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Human Rights, Development studies or other related areas.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience at the national/regional level in the areas of public administration, local development, social protection or other related field.
- Proven track record in promoting gender equality, including addressing SGBV, FGM, Child Marriages and unintended pregnancies.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an NGO is a pre-requisite.
- Strong analytical, drafting and communication skills.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex programmes with diverse range of partners.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons should submit their application and CV via email to MenEngageUganda@gmail.com. Address your email to Country Director, MenEngage Gender Equality Network Uganda. Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.