This year, MenEngage Mozambique joins the rest of the world to commemorate the annual 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children campaign, which starts on the 25th of November (International Day for the Eimination of Violence against Women), and runs until 10th December (International Human Rights Day).
Actions and activities include:
- 25th November: Football Cup “11 Against Violence”
- 25th and 29th November: Projection of the Documentary, ‘O Silêncio dos Homens’ followed by a discussion (Military Academy and Municipality of Nampula)
- 25th-29th November: Promote Parenting Workshops (Parents with Love)
- 28th November: Palavras são Palavras (“Art without Violence”) and Girl Move
- 28th November: Debate on Masculinities and Gender
- 28th-29th November: Provincial Forum on Male Involvement
- 28th-29th November: Interactive Workshop with Boys from Nampula
- 29th November: Roundtable on Child Protection and Gender
- 30th November: Recording of the “Homem que e Homem” program
- 30th November: Exchange of experiences between men’s conversation groups in Marracuene and Massinga
- 30th November: High-Ride Motorcycle Rally against Gender-Based Violence, Dialogue with GBV Riders, Men in the Kitchen (Moto Raides Maputo and Nacala Porto)
- 4th-6th December: Refresher session on HOPEM approach in the context of male involvement, reflections on Masculinities and Violence
- 9th December: “Boy’s Workshop” “Workshop do Rapaz”
In addition, the various members of the network will be sharing stories of change in preventing gender-based violence and developing advocacy positions on men’s violence against women and girls. Several members will participate in the Provincial Conference on Women and Gender.