MenEngage Lesotho is a network of organisations and associations whose purpose is to engage men and boys in all efforts geared towards the promotion and protection of the rights of women and girls. The network intends to facilitate and intensify the involvement of men and boys in advocacy and social mobilisation activities with the ultimate goal of eradicating sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) as a major driver of poor maternal health. The network draws from healthy socio-cultural and medical practices to promote comprehensive solutions that encourage healthy sexual and reproductive health practices that empower women and girls through the support of men and boys.
Objectives of the Network
- To engage men and boys in the fight against SGBV throughout the country.
- To use mobile film to generate dialogue on issues of sexual and gender-based violence, HIV/AIDS, crime, alcoholism and drug abuse, poverty and hunger.
- To use community education methodologies on SGBV, PMTCT, HTC and SRH in rural Lesotho.
- To engage ex-prisoners and survivors of SGBV in the fight against violence.
- To create safe spaces for men and boys (men’s clubs and boys clubs).
- To promote positive masculinities in all spheres of life.
- To create awareness and create dialogues on the rights of sexual minorities, that is, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBTI) people.
- To provide a support base for victims of SGBV.
- To work with the government in all efforts to eradicate SGBV.
- Sesotho Media and Development
- She-Hive association
- Society for Women and AIDS in Africa Lesotho (SWAALES)
- Crime Prevention Rehabilitation and Reintegration of ex-prisoners(CRROA)
- Corridors of Hope
- GEM Institute